A captivating celebration of jazz, blues and swing, New Orleans style. Features a Seafood Gumbo recipe by renowned New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme.
The musical traditions that New Orleans has nurtured are legendary, but music is not just the stuff of legend there. In the city’s streets, it is a vibrant, ever-evolving art form. New artists regularly learn from their predecessors, and inject those lessons with fresh energy and ideas.
The descriptive liner notes, written by New Orleans musicologist Baty Landis, are in English, French and Spanish. They feature striking photographs by respected New Orleans photographer Michael Smith, as well as a resource guide for New Orleans music, travel and entertainment. Renowned New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme has contributed a recipe for seafood gumbo.
1. Kermit Ruffins – Drop Me Off In New Orleans
2. Doc Cheatham & Nicholas Payton – I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues
3. Louis Prima – Basin Street Blues
4. Preservation Hall Hot 4 With Duke Dejan – Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams
5. Topsy Chapman – Baby Won’t You Please Come Home
6. Kevin Clark & The Jazz Revelation – The Devil Done Got Me Blues
7. Louis Armstrong – Tin Roof Blues
8. Dr. John – Basin Street Blues
9. Dr. Michael White – Give It Up (Gypsy Second Line)
10. Deacon John – Going Back to New Orleans
11. Gregg Stafford & Dr. Michael White – Bye and Bye/Saints